Info berikut dari nutritionist Shaklee:
Co-Q10 plays a vital role in the production of energy within the body's cells. It also functions as a fat-soluble antioxidant.
The most important application for Co-Q10:
For heart health:
- Treatment and prevention of cardiovascular disease, including atherosclerosis (arteries blockage).
- Reduce the frequency of angina episodes and strengthen the heart muscle.
- Increase quality of life and survivability in those with congestive heart failure.
- Blood pressure in patients with high blood pressure.
Doctors have used Co-Q10 to treat breast cancer and support health in patients receiving chemotherapy.
Co-Q10 may enhance insulin production- good news for diabetes patient
For dental health:
Co-Q10 has also been used with favorable results to treat symptoms of muscular dystrophy and gum disease:
For mental health:
Laboratory studies indicate that patients with Parkinson's disease may benefit from Co-Q10 supplementation.
For weight loss:
Obesity may also be linked to a deficiency of Co-Q10. Studies have suggested that supplementation can enhance weight loss and it has been suggested that Co-Q10 could be beneficial in the treatment of patients with chronic fatigue syndrome.
For Man fertility:
In studies involving infertile men, Co-Q10 has been associated with an increase in sperm count, improved sperm motility and improved rates of fertilization.
For statin (cholesterol drug) users:
Also of important note is the fact that Co-Q10 may protect against the side effects of drugs such as beta-blockers and some antipsychotics. Ingestion of one or more drugs may interrupt the synthesis of coenzyme Q10.
Symptoms of deficiencies:
There is only a limited amount of coenzyme Q10 in dietary sources. The majority of CoQ10 in humans is manufactured by the body's cells. The biosynthesis of coenzyme Q10 is a 17-step process that requires the following nutrients: riboflavin (B2), niacinamide (B3), pantothenic acid (B5), pyridoxine (B6), cobalamin (B12), folic acid, vitamin C, and numerous other trace elements.(30) Consequently, there are many ways the complex synthesis of coenzyme Q10 can be interrupted. It is probable that many people with health problems are suffering from a coenzyme Q10 deficiency due to inadequate dietary intake of the necessary nutrients and/or ingestion of one or more drugs that interrupt the synthesis of coenzyme Q10.
The symptoms of coenzyme Q10 deficiency include: -
- congestive heart failure,
- high blood pressure,
- mitral valve prolapse,
- cardiac arrhythmias, - cardiomyopathies,
- lack of energy,
- and a generalized weakening of the immune system.
- Since coenzyme Q10 is intimately involved in the production of energy, a deficiency of CoQ10 first affects the heart and cardiovascular system because the heart is the most energy demanding muscle in the human body. The results of some studies are suggesting that congestive heart failure is primarily a coenzyme Q10 deficiency disease.
So, take control of your heart and your health today!
Purchase SHAKLEE CoQ 10 Health Plus to Power up your heart !
It's never too late!